Home

Monday, October 15, 2012

Scrapping the Music - Iridescent

This round's challenge at Scrapping the Music is brought to you by me!

I chose the song Iridescent by Linkin Park...



Every time I hear Iridescent, I think of my friend Esther.  
I couldn't choose just some of the lyrics to work with 
because I feel all of them apply to her situation, 
so I typed them out and printed them to use in the background.
(Inspired by the first piece I did as a participant at Scrapping the Music 
and Van Gogh's Starry Night.)

My piece is in honor of her and the challenges she faces every day, battling breast cancer.  



The prompt this week is "what song brings out the rebel in you?"  (Right, just a little juxtaposition!)
What immediately comes to mind is Rebel Yell by Billy Idol!  
Or maybe one of the songs from the Transformers or Matrix series of movies.  

Recently, my rebel moments occur when I hear this song on the radio...
Pound the Alarm, by Nicki Minaj.   
EXPLICIT!  Lots of bootie shakin' going on here!  


Its the music and the bass beat that moves me!  
I always hear it in the car on my way to or home from work, 
& I just have to bop in my seat! 


Yeah, come by, check out the Design Team's work, and play along!!!

6 comments:

Sharon Fritchman said...

I really love this weeks challenges! Your first page is gorgeous, creative, and touching! And I am loving your second creation!! Such a fun prompt, Linda!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeee these!! The colors on the first one are amazing!

Patricia Roebuck said...

Awesome artwork, girl!!! Both gorgeous in their own way...LOVE!

Anonymous said...

linda, these are fabulous!! :) Good song choice...perfect for scrapping! I always love your unique and lovely work. <3

Peg said...

Such cool projects!

Leah's Crafty Life said...

Your projects are simply amazing... your work is so inspiring. You'll be featured later this afternoon on the Paper Issues blog. Thanks So much for linking up with us!!
xoxo
Leah