Home

Sunday, April 29, 2012

"then I believe we've arrived at another quintessential rock-paper-scissors-lizard-spock moment"


I've been watching playoff hockey.  
Nevermind that I didn't really watch all season AND 
my beloved Los Tiburones went OUT (again) in the first round.  
(And the Penguins, and the Red Wings, the Sharks were in good company.)  
I guess I do care about who wins ultimately.  
I am notorious for watching the final things of things.  
heh.

I know, I still haven't posted my Texas vacation photos, 
but I didn't get my butterfly pixs off my Dad's camera and 
I really really want to show you those.  

Things have been much the same, me trying to maintain my grip. 
I need to work harder to be here now, instead of waiting for a future that may not come;
And, I need to remember things...I have become really absent-minded lately.  

I have been making it to work, 
getting in those workouts, doing some art, 
memorizing one-liners from the Big Bang Theory
(BAZINGA!)

I've been working on DT stuff which I can't show yet, 
but here are some other things I've been working on.  
Getting ideas from my head to paper is difficult, 
especially since what comes out wasn't what I pictured.  
I end up not finishing a lot of those things...

Embellished warm-up tags...


Art journal pages.  
I need to try to get away from doing work that is tone-on-tone, 
it gets too washed out.  
I need to be brave and use more color.  
I really like tone-on-tone tho'   : .)  
This is made from security envelopes and other junk mail that I was gonna recycle.


I hope I didn't use language, or expose too much in these journal pages, heh!


Done in Texas of course...


Eee-ar-th day inspo!


Just a random page.


And can I say that tents & blanket forts are really really cool!  

: .)

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeee Big Bang!! So funny!! And loving your journal pages!!! GORGEOUS!

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Your journal pages are awesome! and those warmup tags are fabulous - those colors are gorgeously intense!!!

Sharon Fritchman said...

My favorite show is Big Bang Theory!!! Bazinga!!!!!!! Linda, I love your journal pages. I have been wanting to start a journal, but haven't had the time lately! Did you go to a class, or just start "creating" those awesome pages. I love your tags, too! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

Marit said...

I don't mind you working with tone-on-tone or a lot of colours, I love it ALL!!!! Keep on rockin' girlie - the future is HERE! Right. NOW!

Patricia Roebuck said...

Oh, Linda, love all of these! I like tone on tone. And those tags, wow. You did some awesome stuff in Texas too! I hear you, I am trying to keep my grip too, u know ;) ttylXOXO

Penny said...

love these!! How do you do the first one?? WIth the flowers?? Love it!!

Also, the tags, do you buy them blank and then design on top?