Home

Monday, April 02, 2012

Scrapping the Music - The Time Song

Scrapping the Music has a new format!!!

Here's how it works:

The first challenge is a song - just like it used to be. The second challenge is a prompt. You can choose to create something based on the song or the prompt! Or, if you are feeling ambitious - please do both! Please go here to get the original details!

We're also switching back to the bi-weekly format, so the challenges will be posted on the 1st and the 15th.

This round's challenge song is The Time Song by Matt Urmy

If the prompt concept inspires you...Please create a piece (scrapped, journaled or your choice) about a concert you've gone to. It could be recent or a long time ago. It could be one you loved or one you hated. Or it could be one that you've always wanted to go to!

Please post your pieces to the STM site by April 12th to have the opportunity to have your piece in the Scrapping the Music Hall of Fame!!!  

We would love for you to come on over and play along!!!

As for me...I chose to do a traditional scrapped page using some of the lyrics in the song!  I couldn't get into it at first, but the more I listened and read the lyrics, the more I was inspired and made this!

Keep it Light!

I scraplifted my bloggy friend Julie Tucker-Wolek's awesome layout!

I know Aldien is gonna be thrilled that I've highlighted her on another one of my pages!!!  This is the two of us on top of Black Hill, which I made her hike early one morning during our weekend excursion last fall to Morro Bay.  At the top, there's a most excellent view of Morro Rock and the surrounding area.  When its not socked in with fog.  That morning, all of our pictures were greyed out.  heh.  Except for the 15-20 that we took of the two of us to get just the right shot.  We did "drive" up on our last day and got really, really good pixs.

(And Michelle, you might recognize the papers & embellishments, I bought them after I saw them on your blog awhile back, DCWV - The Colorful Life.)

: .) 

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

YAY!! So happy you liked my lo and lifted it! You are too sweet! Thanks!! I loveeeeeee how yours turned out!! LOVING the colors and that background!!

Patricia Roebuck said...

Wow, Linda, this is awesome!

Sharon Fritchman said...

Such an amazing and cool layout, Linda! Thanks for stopping by my blog!!!! We were in Disney World in FL, not Ca! I would drive 7 hours to meet you, too!!!!! Hopefully we can all meet at some time! Maybe we should have a STM retreat! Take care sweet Linda!

Penny said...

LOVE the bee at bottom!!!!!!!!!!