Home

Sunday, October 30, 2011

R forthe Dead Inspired!

I was inspired by this:

   
(Steve Juliano artwork from Requiem for the Dead)

 and this:



and combined with this:


(other fan art by me for Requiem for the Dead)

I mod podged a Michael's styro skull with 7 Gypsies sheet music tissue paper:


added some gesso, embroidery, glitter, chipboard & bling
then it became this:


I'm not sure I like the heart with the wings.  I think they look like horns, or
puppy dog ears...
I think I might trade that out for some Frida Kahlo style flowers (roses)...


or a spider web like this:


I got my costume made &
 I'm getting ready for a potluck tomorrow by
whipping up some monkey knuckles
and brainy cupcakes!!!

Happy Halloween!!!

: .)

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

That mask is sooooooooooooo COOL!! WOW WOW WOW!! And hehehehehehe... I had to LOL at the comment you left for Michelle LP... lol.. Are you gonna kill me if I tell you I made 8 lo's yesterday??? LOL! Love ya! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Patricia Roebuck said...

Happy Halloween, my friend, Linda! Goodness, girl! Amazing artwork, seriously. I love seeing you do things that show of your talent. I never say anything about someone's art, because it's your art. I like the Frida Kahlo style flowers too. Maybe you just have to make another one ;) Oh, and another one with the spider web!

Hope the potluck went great and you had fun yesterday!