Home

Thursday, October 14, 2010

atc craftin', etc...

Yes, I am still making ATCs instead of working on my "other" projects.  (Hi Pens!) ATCs are just so easy.  The Simply ArTistiC blog is still pounding away on the Alice in Wonderland theme (and frankly, I am so done with that!)  This week's prompt was based on the part of the Disney animated AIW movie "All in the Golden Afternoon."  Here's my take on it...


Who knew that halloween-y gothic gateway rubber stamp would come in handy in this manner!!!  Finally a reason for the collection! ha!  I got to use up some of my paper flower collection and some seed beads, too.

Card #4 was Gothic Queen.  Again, I used one of my favorite stamps...I re-stamped the bow on her head 2 more times to make the crown.  White pencil, a heart charm, and glitter gel accent the piece nicely, doncha think???


I also worked on a trade with the multi-talented, Elle Bee, who made me an amigurumi reaper (just in time for halloween!)  I've named him Rube, after the lead reaper on the Dead Like Me tv series.

Here's a sneak peek of my piece for her...(full reveal after she receives it!)


Last Sunday I did a little photo shoot with my friend Jenni-Jenni & her family.  Obviously, they're getting ready for a new bebe!  I gave my camera to their darling boy (whom I photographed a few years ago) and he was quite the good little picture taker.


Isn't he the cutest?!


In other news, my recently acquired podiatrist is sending me for an MRI on my foot, since it doesn't seem to be getting better.  (Even after Dr. Steve's treated it, even after using the homeopathic anti-inflam cream.)  Dr. Doug (still) doesn't think my foot is broken as it isn't swollen, and I can still work out on it, but we'll know definitively after next Wednesday.  I'm thinking of bailing on my January marathon.  I'm tired of trying to train through pain.

Oh geez!  Its already after 11 pm.  I gotta get to bed so I can be ready for my weekend!!!  The high school flea market is this Saturday!  LOL!!!  Oh, and I have a run scheduled and more art!

: .)

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh I love love love those atc's ....that one with the gate is WOW!! And those photos are ADORABLE!!!! :):):):):):):):):) Good luck with the foot...that is a bummer! :(

Penny said...

I love the dark queen atc! Super duper cute!

Also that little photog is DARLING!!

:)

loves to my phins!!

Marit said...

Your ATCs are adorable! I LOVE the dark queen, wowzah! Love the photos too... good luck with your foot dear!