Home

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

so shine the light on all of your friends...

Its that time of the week again, the current song for the challenge at 
Scrapping the Music is 
The Remedy by Jason Mraz...
Did you know that Jason owns an avocado farm in San Diego County?
(Near my hometown!)
I love how he sings out of the side of his mouth : .)

Go see & listen to the acoustic version of the song at YouTube, 
its just fan-tas-tic!!!


 I took cardboard and painted it with gesso and acrylic paint, 
spritzed it a bit with spray ink for the base.
The sun and the flowers are tagboard, covered with
parts of an old sewing pattern (altho' you can't see that!),
and also sprayed with ink.
The photos form a heart, the idea was on a design site,
of which I can't remember the name.
Thickers and stamped alphas,
Martha's punched butterfly,
and of course, some of the song's lyrics.

Other fun...

 I went to spin class today, the first time in 2 weeks! 
I've been running and hiking, but
not cycling.
It was good!
Things are going well lately!
I've been having a run of good luck,
winning stuff, getting invited to do stuff, completing stuff!
I am quite happy!!! : .)


5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

HOLY SMOKES Phin!!! I love love love love this!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee that sun, the flowers...and loveeeeeeeeeee how you put the photos in a heart shape!! Thanks sooooooooooooo much for playing along with scrapping the music...and YAYYYYYYYYYYYY for happy things coming your way! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Penny said...

So glad! I love the page and I love that the pics go into a heart :)

I love all of your techniques for backgrounds and such. I wish I knew as much as you! Or that we lived closer so we could just hang out and I could pick your brain :)

loves to you!

Marit said...

"how he sings out the side of his mouth" you write... ooohhhh, now THAT makes me curious! Is it a bit like Elvis? I'm going to take a look at the video right now!!! Have a great weekend dear one!

Danica said...

lovin' all of your yummy creative goodness!!! keep it up! sucks that all of my scrappy stuff is in storage, but you have inspired me to get my crafty room set up ASAP when we move into our new house.

lauren bergold said...

holy mama of flippin' mackerals!!!!!!!! no seriously ♥WOW♥!!! (wowowowowowowowowow!) (WOW!!!!!!!!!) sorry, i seem to have lost my ability to type words other than, "WOW" but it is your own fault for makin' stuff which is THAT AMAZING, innit?!?! :)