Home

Saturday, March 20, 2010

audi taste on a kia budget

I'm thinking about buying a new car.  I wanna pay cash, so the price range for said automobile has to be pretty reasonable.

my wish list includes a Mini Cooper Super Sport or Audi A5 or an Infiniti or a Lexus.  these cars are not within my price range.  I don't think I can even consider a Hyundai Sonata (2011's are beautiful!)

I need to keep in mind maintenance costs, gas mileage, standard vs manual transmission, foreign vs American manufacturing...blah, blah, blah.

I dream of power and performance, kickdown linkage and cornering ability, NOS, slicks, and alcohol fuel (just kidding, where would I store a funny car?!).  if I were able to buy an Audi I'd probably have to budget for speeding tickets, heheheheh!!!

after a little research, here's my first list of test drives...

Kia Soul - too boxy???


Honda Fit - not sure I want a car with such a big butt!



Honda Civic Coupe - ooooohhhhhh!  way more sporty!


Hyundai Elantra Touring - maybe with the roof racks!!!


does the Soul come with the hamsters?  if I get a Kia Sorento, do I get a robot and a life sized sock monkey with a sense of fun?!

I'm not sure I'm ready to give up Good Little Car, he's only 13 years old!!!  boo!!!

decisions, decisions!!!  : .)

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

i have been hearing about buying a new vehicle in the tucker-wolek clan for the past 3 years...lol...bri and his dad never ever stop yacking about it!! lol!!! i love the big butt comment!! lol! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Penny said...

awww..I love those hamsters :)

That Kia Sorento reminds me of Jim everytime I see it because he is obsessed with Yo Gabba Gabbba and that giant red robot guy is from that show. haha.

I like the Honda coupe :)

Audi's are super cute. I own a VW and I am in LOVE with it ♥

Anonymous said...

http://www.subaru.com/vehicles/impreza/index.html

and then you will totally want to move up to the WRX like we have, but this is an awesome way to start!

Danica said...

from your list, my picks would be the Soul or Civic Coupe ; ) lots of cars to pick from though... happy car hunting : )

Marit said...

I don't know anything from cars... I just have a driverslicence but I hardly drive. Maybe 4 times a year, in my beloved's van, to visit my parents. Living in a very small country makes that you can do it all on my bike!!! But for the models you published here... the sporty Honda Civic one is my fave!!! Have you chosen yet? Have a nice weekend!!!

Anonymous said...

Two words...(Hyundia) Genesis Coupe. That's what I'd get if I didn't have to haul 3 little buggers around with me. :D
You're a hot woman..you need a hot car!