Home

Thursday, November 05, 2009

snubbed.

sometimes, I don't understand the rudeness...

there's this new guy @ work.  

he keeps sitting in the corner of the break room alone.

I started waving at him.

one day he said hi to me.

I said hi back.

today, I went to ask his name and introduce myself, formally

asked him what department he was working in.

that's it.

he then looked at his wrist watch and said to me "my lunch is over."

(end of conversation.)

I stood there stupidly for 30 seconds and started to walk away.  I said, "it was 'nice' meeting you."

the interaction seems innocuous, but honestly, I got my feelings hurt, I felt snubbed.  and I'm still processing the encounter (whaat???).  

I think I'll avoid the break room from now on.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

maybe he has aspergers or somethin.
don't sweat it. his loss.