Home

Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Charter Member of Starbucks Gold?


(Red cups are baaacccckkkk!!!)

So yesterday, Starbucks informed their charter members (me) of changes to their rewards program. Currently, I receive 10% off anything I buy in the store, a free beverage on my b-day, and coupons, which I don't use. Occassionally, I purchase a snak or a beverage for a friend, or merchandise, 'cause I love Starbucks merchandise! (I'm such a conspicuous consumptor!) I paid $25 for a year's charter member discount.

I either purchase an EGTL (Earl Grey Tea Latte) or a Chai Latte, as I don't drink coffee, EVERY.SINGLE.DAY!!!

I am the definition a "frequent" visitor!

Starting January 5, 2010, charter members will receive one free beverage after purchasing 15 items with their rewards card. For me, this means that instead of spending $35.50 (10 EGTLs) and essentially getting the equivalent of a free beverage, I will have to spend $53.25 (15 EGTLs) to get a free beverage. And to add insult to injury, they recently raised the price of my favorite beverage, while reducing the price of coffee and some of the espresso drinks. I'm not seeing a benefit to me here!

I suppose this is timely because the budget hardly accommodates this daily indulgence.

I cry FOUL!!!

I get so much joy from my daily latte! I have a "relationship" with my barristas! They know my name!!! My lattes make me HAPPY!

argh!

To counteract the negativity I am experiencing because of the "changes" and having to face the boycott of one of my favorite monopolies, here's a list of 5 good things that happened today. (Ben, I fell off the wagon, time to get back on board!)

1) Cute tattoo'd boy sighting.
2) Vuelve a la vida! (reconnoitering Salvadorean/Mexican fuds for Friday)
3) Chiropractic adjustment, CAH-RACK!
4) Figuring out what was bugging me about a decorative piece in my bathroom and fixing it!
5) Trader Joe's Maple Leaf Cookies, yum!

Its late...Off to bed!!!

TTFN! : .)

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

because i work for "the man" aka corp America...lol....i can soooooooooooooooooo see why this is making u and probably others 'pissy'....lol....they (corp big wigs)....they make it seem like a savings....and then POOF ... us smart ones figure out that its just a bunch of broo ha ha ... *sigh* .... that sux....but i am liking the positive part of your list too....loveeeeeeeeeeeee that u see a silver lining in your day! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Anonymous said...

I like your list. Maybe I should make one...ya know...to counter all the negativity. :(

Danica said...

glad you are bloggity blog blogging again! missed you there for awhile : )

I like your list too!