Home

Friday, August 15, 2008

Let's Go!!!

I'm off to the Pacific Northwest next Thursday to run in the Nike Hood to Coast.

Yes, its a race, just like the Relay, only a couple miles shorter. My team of 12 will run from Mount Hood to Seaside, Oregon.

Those are my legs, You can see the distance and the elevation rise in each picture. That middle leg is ranked "VERY HARD." It looks like a doozy, especially since there's a hill at the end!!! Add that to the potential heat that I may experience, I heard it was 103 degrees in Portland today. I hope that leg is at night, or at least in the evening! It may be early, early morning!!! Yay!!!

I haven't been training as many hills as I should. Nor have I had the opportunity to train in warm weather as its been pretty mild here in Northern California. Ai yi yi!!!

After we finish the race and spend time in the beer garden : .) at the finish, a group of us will stay overnight in Seaside and go back to Portland Sunday morning. I'll be dropped off in Lake Oswego to visit with Nancy, who was gracious enough to invite me to stay for a couple of days with her family. I hope she knows what she's in for!!! LOL!!!

And I hope its fun!!!

3 comments:

Linda said...

Good Luck Linda! Take some pics for the blog! And have a beer for me! Hee!

Lisa said...

holy moly girl! good luck!!

Ragged Around the Edges said...

You amaze me.