Home

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Doot, do doot, do doot!

Madame Cupcake (go check out her Etsy too, such cute stuff! The link is on her blog!) said my blog was missing me (hee!), so here's a pictorial essay for y'all!

Friday I had lunch at Specialties. Estor and I splurged and got the "special." Holy Ham Hocks, Batman!!! Ham, bacon, sharp cheddar, mayo, & sweet hot mustard, on potato, poppyseed bread! MadRetz, you shoulda got the cookies the other day!!! "Organic," (that means good for you, right?!) oatmeal/grain, chocolate chip. Crispy, chewy, textury...OH YUM!!!

I allowed myself the splurge because I RAN EIGHT MILES ON SATURDAY!!! WHEEEEEE!!!
This is what the sky looked like. The weather was breezy, but FABULOUS!!!

(I made some awesome curry chicken salad w/ apples for for dinner! (No picture!))

Cherry blossoms (?) On my walk thru the Santa Clara University campus this am. Gorgeous!

This squirm was playin' tag with his buddy! He's cute, kinda like the Geiko Gekko! Underneath this timid expression, HA!!! you think he'd be asking "Hey Lady, do you think you could spare an acorn for a poor hungry squirrel?" But no! Lil Spitfire!!!

Finally arrived at my destination...you guessed it, Starbucks!!! Got my chai and I was giggling so loud at the comics, this lady turned around and glared at me! Sheesh! Disapproval for laughing?

Whatever.

If there's anything I miss about my old house, its my washer and dryer. I went to GLM Launderland, anticipating that I could save some ducats. WRONG! I lost $1.75 (that's what it costs to wash a load!) in one machine and ended up spending the same amount as I would in the washroom downstairs at my complex. I guess I did save time, got 4 loads at once. Doncha just love the 70's decor? I think the patrons were holdovers from the 70's too!!!


Oh, Friday nite, I was invited to the Sharks game by my buddy Steve (an old friend, I was thinking of him 3o minutes prior to the call and the phone rings...Synchronicity!!!)

My beloved Los Tiburones are on an 11 game winning streak, franchise record and are hoping to make that 12 right now against the Oilers! We're in 2nd place in the Pacific Division!!!

I also got Happy Mail!!! More birthday celebrating for me! Ragged, how'd you know how much I love green???!!! Just in time for St. Patty's Day too, even tho' I found out I'm not Irish!!!

I LOVE IT!!! Its sooo cute!!! Thanks so much!

Last of all...some art. I keep getting inspired, and writing ideas down, but have been unable to get much completed. This training business takes up a lot of time!!! I finished up some mini art/daily cards, as well as a few for a bloggy pal that I'll show after she receives 'em!

Last week's run! 7 miles, with HILLS!!!

Obsessed with bleu, yellow, and birds lately. I braided the nest out of corregated cardboard strips.



Speaks for itself!!! Pix of that day's sky in the bkgnd.

Okay, another splurge, but only b/c I ran the 8 miles (8 miles = approx. 800 calories, I figured I could afford it.) Don't this make you smile? "Cake slice for 2?" Riiigggghhhhtttt! ahahah!

Habe a gud week, Friends!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I love your cards!!
I love the photos, your making me hungry and I JUST ATE!!
looooove the new bag, YUM

Ragged Around the Edges said...

What a full and beautiful weekend you had. Yummy, productive and good.

PS: I love green too and got one for myself. Sorry it was so late.

Unknown said...

DUDE that was a long post! lol i love love love that purse!!! Green is sooo my fave color right now! the cards are rockin'! AND way to go on the runs!! wow!

Lisa said...

hehe gotta love new friends! thanks for the shout out for my etsy! i just loves you! :)

loved the picture post. made me happy! made me want to walk around and take pictures...except it's midnight and i'm sure i will lose the urge by morning time. ah well...

ya know i actually graduated from high school on the santa clara campus! well part of it anyway...in the little chapel there! yep, notre dame high school used to do them there...dont know if they still do...

ok hope you're having a super week! i'm sure your bloggy is happy to know you still love it! hehe

lauren bergold said...

oh wow, oh wow, OH WOW! i am loving your minicards! ALLLLLLLLL your minicards, every single one! (that bird in the braided nest! the "7 hills" runner guy!! i could keep going, but you get the idea, lol!)

the cake label is cracking me up! here is my response:

dear mr. safeway,

just a note to let you know that your prospective cake-serving allotment is unrealistic. if you cut a small slice of cake, it will serve one person. whereas, if you cut a *LARGE* slice of cake, it will still serve only one person, but that person will be slightly more full and/or remorseful after eating it.

sincerely yours,
all girls everywhere


there. that oughtta do it. :)