Home

Sunday, January 13, 2008

"This Smile Means"




The prompt this week over at Elise Blaha's Paper Adventure 08 is "Certain Souvenir." It was inspired by Van Gogh's thoughts on art. He wanted to "leave a certain souvenir" to humankind.

Elise asked us to ask ourselves "What sort of souvenir am I leaving?" What are we leaving as a representation of our lives?

Marianne Williamson's quote (above) came to mind and I would love to leave my LIGHT as a representation of my life. Sometimes we do not own what is best about us and we should, as Marianne so succinctly communicates with her words.

My "LIGHT" (or lack of at the time???) inspired a song, written by my good friend Erik who is a budding country music songwriter and is actually recorded on a demo CD.

(Its called "This Smile Means," yeah, hence the blog post title. I'll share the lyrics if you
ask : .)


This was a great prompt! It really made me ponder!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How cool is that song!! Love the creation and from the last post too!! Clever!!
Thanks for stopping by my lil' ol' blog, Crafty Diva... I think not lol I don't sew, just happy to make something if its going to be loved because its agonising for me to make lol

Nan said...

I'm so glad you shared this with us. I've never been one to be introspective, but this really made me think. Your treatment of the prompt was right on point.

(I'd love to hear the lyrics!)