Home

Sunday, January 06, 2008

2008 Art Challenges

(Note: E-lise vs El-sie)

The internet is bustin' out with a bunch of new mixed media challenges at the moment. While I typically hate to art under pressure, I thought I might be able to attempt a couple because, as usual, my "not-a-resolution" is to "art more."

Linda, a Sista on SIStv, threw out a challenge based on Elsie Flannigan's 52 Scrapbooking Challenges. One a week. You might recall, I tried following the book last year, but as you know, life gets in the way, and I flaked.

I decided to step up to the plate again, however, I'm doing 5"X7" pieces, which to me is so much more manageable than trying to come up with an 8 1/2 X 11 or 12 X 12 layout.

The first week's challenge is "Work those Words." Here's my take:



(I think I need to invest in some of those whitening strips! eee!)

I also love and am inspired by Elise Blaha's work. Elise is posting a prompt a week on this blog, Paper Adventure 08 Her first prompt is "BALANCE." My take:



Lets see if I can keep this up!!! ART ON!!!

2 comments:

EliseBlaha said...

love the e-lise vs. el-sie. i spent most of my school days convincing people i was an e-lise.

love your take on the challenge. thanks for playing!

Ragged Around the Edges said...

You are definitely up for the challenge, great pieces. The "balance" one makes me giggle. . . what a neat take on it.