Home

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Ice is NICE!!!



This no running thing SUCKS!!! : .| (Excuse the %@#$&!)

I feel anxious and twitchy. A lot. All this un-expended energy running amok in my body. (Haha! I can still make a joke!)

I am allowed to walk, however, as long as I don't go very far. Believe me, my leg tells me right away if I've overdone it! (Who knew it could communicate!) I walked an entire 2 miles this morning. (The last run I did 3 weeks ago was 7.5 miles of hills, sniff!) Granted, it was beautiful and breezy, almost like a Cover Girl commercial. (Am I remembering that correctly?) Short walks, along with lots of stretching, use of ice packs, myofascial release rolling over this foam roller, and some core stabilization work on my cool new fitness ball is the extent of my exercise these days. I am obsessed with my physical therapy. It's pretty much all I can think about.

While on this walk, I scoped out some local real estate that is for sale. A 2 bedroom 1 bath condo around the corner is going for $425K. Uh huh. A 3 bedroom, 935 square foot house is going for...$620K! An itty-bitty, almost 50 year old house going for over a half a million dollars!!! Can you believe it?! My dad always told me to save my nickels and dimes, but I think its gonna take saving a few quarters and maybe some dollar bills for me to come up with a down payment for housing here in the bay area. I should be able to purchase in about 5 years if I stick to my savings plan.

As if the no running thing wasn't depressing enough.


I've been having a pity party all week, but MadRetz came to my rescue today and helped to create a distraction by agreeing to make a trek with me to Bezerkley for some retail therapy and lunch. (Quiet you, voice of buyer's remorse! I'm on track for that condo purchase!) On the way we navigated potholes, road construction, the wall of death, gas-guzzling, monstrous SUVs, and cell phone talking drivers, finally arriving at one of our favorite scrapbook stores Scrapbook Territory. It was jolly fun as usual, but honestly, just how many sheets of decorative paper and little doodads do I think I need? I could almost open my own store. (oooh, how I love art supplies!) A couple of hours later, we left the shop, happy, happy scrappers. (Again voice QUIET!) Now, to do something with all of these supplies.

All jokes aside, I find that the universe (GOD?) speaks to me. The PT and chiropractic with its physical adjustment, is also performing spiritual chiropractic. Being forced to slow down and walk, ruminate over the state of myself, I feel as if I am finding the path to the inside. As Julia Cameron says in Vein of Gold, I am "outward bound for inner voyaging." An internal adjustment is occurring along with the physical therapy, scratching at old "scabs" and allowing for healing on all levels.

I'm not sure I'm explaining this well...Will I allow the healing? Lots of emotion anger, tears, but in the end, understanding that all is for the best. I'm trying to be patient.

Top shot obviously of my cool, new fitness ball and foam roller (and my very lonely mountain bike). Bottom shot of some of the goodies I bought today, Basic Grey, yay!!!

2 comments:

Ragged Around the Edges said...

I think that you are on track: slowing down and listening to your body. Not easy, eh?

Nan said...

Those house prices are unreal. I'm in shock. I guess you're really paying for 'where' it's located, and the weather and amenities of the surrounding city.

I hope that fitness ball will start you bouncing back!