Home

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Art with Sis


Here are the flowers that Alika and I made for our art project today. (She passed on the journal idea.) We started out using acrylic paints on watercolor paper applied with different objects: bubble plastic, bottle caps, pen tips, a comb, fabric, screen fabric, cheese cloth, and ribbon. Once the paint was dry, we punched the flowers and attached them to skewers. The centers are beads. We also made leaves out of the painted paper.

Sis didn't like her paper at first, she thought her page was a big, mucky mess, but it sure created colorful flowers.

Here's my girl with her bouquet. Maybe she'll give it to her mom for Mother's Day.


Oh...My bed stinks. Not the sleeping part, but the NASA formulated memory foam part. The sales manager at 1-800-Mattress assured me that the smell would go away in a couple of days. So far so bad because I got the tempur-pedic pillows last Monday and I can still smell them. Must be the combination of the pillows plus mattress because I woke up this morning with a sinus headache and allergy symptoms, I'm way too sensitive to strong scents.

I sure hope the smell goes away soon, I sure did get a great night's sleep last night and I would hate to have to return the mattress and miss out on all that good slumber.

6 comments:

madretz said...

I told you that it took weeks b4 the smell went away in our topper pad, didn't I? I meant to after we left the store last week. I had headaches, too.

Totally Lurv the flowers! Sis is so cute!

Ragged Around the Edges said...

What a pretty girl and what a cool project. Ever so creative.

Here's hoping the bed fumes subside. Do you think opening a window will help? Maybe leave the sheets off during the day to let it air?

Willie Baronet said...

First of all, your sis is adorable! Much like yourself. And second, the smell will go away, but it takes more than a couple of days. It's worth it!! ;-)

Willie Baronet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nan said...

Your sis is totally a cutie! I love the flowers, too.

I'm supersensitive to smells like that, too! Hope it subsides soon!

Nan said...

Your sis is totally a cutie! I love the flowers, too.

I'm supersensitive to smells like that, too! Hope it subsides soon!