Home

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Oh How I LOVE Starbucks!

I managed to sleep in until 9:14 this morning!!! Making up for those late nights last week.

Made a jaunt over to Starbucks to have a chai tea latte, grande, non-fat, xtra hot, please, and work on the reading and exercises in the Artist's Way. Week three has touched on one of my favorite subjects, synchronicity. Jung's loose definition of synchronicity is "a fortuitous intermeshing of events." I equate synchronicity to asking and receiving. I think we often don't recognize the magical occurrence of synchronicity in our lives, we don't notice that some thoughts and events are interrelated. You're thinking of a friend you haven't seen in awhile and a couple of days later, the phone rings and its that very same person! You want to visit the Grand Canyon and you receive a email about a fund raising organization who sponsors hiking events there, combining your love for the outdoors with your zeal for community service. What delight we find in paying attention!

Afterwards, I went to Andy's Pet Store, which has stood on the very same corner for the past 56 years. I've lived in the Silicon Valley for almost 17 years and have never been there, so I thot I'd go in for a peek. I met a lovely Macaw named Ruby who greeted me with a clear "Hello" and admired the paw size of a beautiful Akita who was just 9 weeks old.

Arrived home, cooked lunch and completed scrapbooking challenge #2. I'd share it, but its a bit personal and embarrassing. Its about my crush on my favorite Sharks hockey player.

Right now I'm chilling some dough for my first experiment in making pie crust from scratch. I'll let you know how it turns out.

I hope you had a good weekend!!! I know I did!!! : .)

4 comments:

Ragged Around the Edges said...

What a wonderful weekend. . . productive, relaxing, adventurous, creative.

MadMonk said...

I'm crazy about synchronicity too. In a way, that's what all my Reflections are about. Glad your weekend was so cool!

BTW - Lovin the book! Absolutely beautiful. Thanks again.

madretz said...

I'm so happy that you slept in so late and were able to catch up on some much needed rest.

Anonymous said...

I like your perspective on synchronicity being asking and receiving. I also see synchronicity as a sign of being in the flow of life. And the more we commune with spirit, the more it reflects back to us.