Home

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Yesterday's Art

Blogger is so not cooperating this morning. Is it because I need to switch to the newer "better" version? (Hear the sarcasm?)


This pix was from a magazine ad for flooring. I loved the image, but couldn't think of what to do with it, and it languished in my scrap folder for over a year now. MadRetz and I often talk about grace (physical and spiritual) and the piece was born : .)


MadRetz took these pixs during our first visit to Sharon Wheat's studio. A few minutes prior to these pictures, I was crazily snapping away with MadRetz's camera and afterwards, Sharon was teasing me about having an itchy trigger finger. I love those laugh out loud moments.


Obviously, its been awhile since I've drawn anything. My first piece drawn in the sketch book I received from my bloggy friend. I'm thinking this guy looks like a character from South Park, a scary South Park character. Can you guess who its supposed to be?

Oh, and I made this on Christmas day for my co-worker's little girl. I also bought yarn to do some felted bowls using instructions in One Skein. Turns out I need circular and double pointed knitting needles. Ragged, I am so gonna need help with the lingo..."CO45 sts?" "Working in the rnd?" "Dec as foll, changing to dpn when necessary?" Oh, and I also need to learn how to knit, since I only know one stitch. I wonder what it costs for a ticket to Raggedstown for lessons? (The lingo is actually not that cryptic..."cast on 45 stitches, working in the round, decrease as follows, changing to double pointed needles when necessary") hee!!!


4 comments:

Nan said...

Looks like Edward Scissorhands to me.

Love the projects. "Grace" is one of my favorites!

MadMonk said...

Marlene Dietrich

Ragged Around the Edges said...

Once again, you are ever so creative.

Love the Grace piece, so cool.

And, my goodness, you are knitting. You are knitting! And understanding the lingo. Come on over and we can knit talk.

madretz said...

LOL, it does kinda remind me of Edward Scissorhands now that Cate mentions it. :)

You used the perfect stamp for the page w/ Sharon.

Girl, you're getting a lot done! Yay you! Yay art!