Home

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Solano Stroll


Sistor plays taiko drums and performed with her troupe at the Solano Stroll this past weekend. My friend Als and I drove to Berkeley to watch and enjoy the events of the day. There was sunshine, politics, environmentalism (we were in Berkeley after all), belly dancers, musicians, a parade, arts & crafts, and a lot of people.


This fun guy was kind enough to pose for me! Doncha just love pink?! : .)


I got a henna tattoo. Isn't it cool? The artist had a tube of the henna paste and whipped out the design freehand. It was so amazing! The before is the paste drying. After it dries, the artist sprays the art with a sugar/lemon/H2O mixture. I guess to set the ink. You peel the paste off and viola! body art!!! The design lasts 2 weeks or so. Makes me want to get a real tattoo!

Not sure about my bloggy reticence lately. I need to blog my trip to Mexico City. It'll have to wait 'til after the weekend, MadRetz and I are off to Disneyland for our Run Disney weekend! Yahoo!!!

3 comments:

madretz said...

unipink is hilarious!

Ragged Around the Edges said...

Talents run in your family it seems. Sounds like a great day.

Love the henna! So beautiful.

Sounds like blogging your trip feels overwhelming. Why not do it in installments?

Ragged Around the Edges said...

PS: Can't wait to hear about the race! Good luck, RnrGrrl.