Home

Friday, June 09, 2006

Clean Kitchen, Calm Mind?


Its already been established that my forté is not domestic engineering. I'm not exactly sure what happened during the evening, but my kitchen is immaculate!

I needed to bake brownies for the luncheon that the running ladies and I are throwing tomorrow at Ridge Vineyards in celebration of Aidymar's upcoming nuptials. The sink, however, was full of dishes, the floor covered in muck, and I couldn't concentrate on baking with the kitchen such a disaster. The clutter and mess were making me really anxious.

I did all the dishes, I bleached the sink and counters, I swiffered, I got on my hands and knees with a rag and scrubbed the floor. (You just cannot do justice to a floor unless you use a lot of elbow grease.) While I was there, I noticed the mess on the floorboards and the walls. They were cleaned too. The stove and the fridge are sparkling! Ragged would be so proud! (I thot of you the entire time! You were inspiration! : .)

Kitchen - clean, brownies - baked, experience - blogged, big ole chocolate covered butt on couch - CHECK!!!

Yes, you can have the recipe...


Barbara's Killer Brownies (From the back of Nestle's Unsweetened Chocolate)

3/4 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 ouncese unsweetened chocolate
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 ounces chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped nuts (I omitted these)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8X8 inch pan.
2. Mix flour and salt in a bowl, set aside.
3. Melt chocolate and butter or margarine in the top of a double boiler or in a heavy saucepan over low heat. Set aside and cool to room temperature.
4. Combine eggs, sugar and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
5 . Fold in chocolate and butter or margarine.
6. Gradually stir in flour and salt mixture.
7. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
8. Pour into greased 8X8 inch pan.
8a. Lick the spoon & bowl. (Unless you have a thing about raw eggs.)
9. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes.
10. Cool in pan on rack.
11. Cut into squares and
Enjoy!

6 comments:

phinner said...

I snitched the flowers this morning from a neighbors front yard for the "staging" of the photo. Call the cops!!! They are really pretty tho' and I'm going to take them up to the vineyard to decorate our table at lunch : .)

madretz said...

Hurray for clean kitchens!!

I should come over and we can eat off the floor.

Ragged Around the Edges said...

I am so very impressed. If only I could see my kitchen floor!

Those brownies look amazing and the fact that you can cook speaks of your domestic abilities. I am impressed.

MadMonk said...

Would you come do my kitchen? I won't even ask you to bring the brownies!

Willie Baronet said...

Instead of the recipe, please just pass the brownies. Yum.

Nan said...

Funny how one thing leads to another when you clean. The word I would use to describe the picture (which is gorgeous by the way)is ENVY. I've gotta clean this week-end... and bake.