Home

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Happy Birthday to ME!!!



(Dinner at Maggianos with the ladies! Ignore the floating head in the top left hand corner. Maybe she saw how much fun we were having and just had to join in!!! : .)

I'm a firm believer in celebrating the self!!!

Today marks the 13th anniversary of my 29th birthday. (The 29 thing is actually a nod to my mom, who always said she was 29 on her b-day) Anyway, what comes to mind at this moment is the line from the Talking Heads song Once in a Lifetime…”And you may ask yourself…Well…How did I get here?!”

Yes, just how did I get here? I still feel like I haven’t grown up. I take care of my business, I get up and go to work every day, I exerrrrcise, I eat right, okay, except chocolate kisses with almonds, and white cake with buttercream frosting, and bacon fried rice, yummmm, but I digress…I still don’t feel quite finished yet. I always thought there was some age at which you became a mature adult. Every day however, I find myself learning something new, getting interested in and trying something new, finding different answers to things I thought I knew and didn’t. Adventures galore!

Now that I think about it, I guess I don’t want to grow up if it means the end of the fun!!!

Today is the first day of my next 365-day journey around the sun!!! Lets ROCK!!!

2 comments:

Ragged Around the Edges said...

Happy 29th! ; )

Willie Baronet said...

Happy Belated 29th! :-) Rock on.