Home

Monday, February 20, 2006

Fish Genesis

While at work today, I overheard this snippet of conversation regarding P's fish tank and recent arrivals. (Yes, I had to work on President's Day.)

K: They just hatched? Were there eggs? Spontaneously erupted?

P: They’ll get eaten anyhow.

L: Would that be Ichthyanabilism? (I couldn't resist interjecting. Aren't I clever, I came up with a new word! ; .)

P: They seem to like that rock.

K: Seen anyone loitering there lately? A little action going on!

E: There’s a tiny sign in fish language that says “Keep Out.”

E: Can they protect their babies?

K: Fish are not problem solvers, they’re one step up from a house plant.

P: There is no question why there are babies, one was chasing the other.

E: It *was* Valentine’s Day the other day.

P: Oh heck, its Valentine’s Day every day.

Okay, you probably don't think this is that funny, but even now, reading it again, I find it hysterical!!! hee, hee, hee!!!

2 comments:

Nan said...

This is so funny. I'd love to have been a fly on the wall.

The Ichthyanabilism is priceless.

madretz said...

I think your title makes it all the more funny!